Five things: 10.17.11
1. Our pied a terre project is finally looking like it’s getting somewhere. Boom!
2. We went to a great industry talk at Williams-Sonoma and guess what was waiting for us when we left the Time Warner Center?
That’s right. Our most favorite of the food trucks. Wafels and Dinges. That’s the light and chewy with bananas, strawberries and nutella that V got, and I had my classic combo – spekuloos and bananas. And I know, you’re thinking, “Jessica, what in the world is spekuloos?!” Well, my friends, all I can tell you is that it’s heaven on a wafel (or a spoon, or an apple, or a finger, really), and you should follow Wafels and Dinges on twitter so you can find their cute yellow trucks and go find out yourself.
3. The Architecture and Film Festival began this week reminding us how important architecture and design are and how good the good stuff can make you feel.
Virginia caught an inspiring film called “Unfinished Spaces” about young visionary architects who were hired by Fidel Castro to build Cuba’s National Art Schools in 1961. The people were beyond excited about the facility, but, well, you know about Castro….The project was put on hold and never completed. But the citizens loved it, and still used the half built, decaying building. Because good design makes you feel good inside.
4. Love a good (pop of) color story.
5. Spotted: a clover-ish ottoman. Made us think of our clover-loving client.